top advertisement


Monday, June 23, 2008

A Glove in the Hand



"The Bionic Golf Glove is one of the few products in golf in a long time that actually does what the marketing says it will," says Crescent Hill Golf Course Pro Barry Bonifield. Bonifield's words are pretty strong (and not entirely true), but I do agree that Bionic delivers on its promises. Namely that wearing this ergonomic glove significantly reduces the amount of hand pain in golfers with weak and/or arthritic hands.

In fact at this year's PGA Merchandise Show I actually took time off from my many meetings to drop by their booth and personally thank them for helping me battle back from a hand injury. For months I couldn't swing a club because of pain in my left hand. However after wearing the Bionic (and tweaking my grip a bit) I could swing pain free.

I don't usually recommend specific products unless I believe in them, so take this as a ringing endorsement: if you suffer from hand pain (in either your right or left hand) consider trying a Bionic. They won't cure your pain (only a doctor and rest can do that) and they're not cheap (about $25 a pop) but they're worth it.

No comments: