top advertisement


Monday, April 20, 2009

Tweet with Tour Pros

Twitter is quickly changing the way we interact with friends, associates and even Tour pros. Stewart Cink is probably the PGA Tour's most avid "Tweeter." The last I looked he updated his status nine times in the last 24 hours.

What's on Cink's mind?

Golf, for one. Seven hours ago he wrote that "Hogan said a good shot feeling travels up the shaft, through the hands and into the heart." Never heard that, but I love it.

Technology too.
"...iPod sealed in bag of rice to suck moisture out." Hmm...did Stewart drop his iPod in the drink at Hilton Head???

And hockey. "
How 'bout those Atl Hawks tonight??"

LPGA star Morgan Pressel is also a twitaddict (I just made that up. Spread it around. Credit me.) She's currently in Mexico prepping for this week's Corona Championship.

What's on her mind?

Breakfast. "
I ordered scrambled egg-whites wth cheese and I think there's more cheese than eggs..." Or as they say, Queso.

And her fledgling Spanish.
"Unfortunately I didn't have time to brush up on my spanish. Hopefully my 5 years of classes had a lasting effect..." Something tells me they'll accommodate her.

And a little golf too. "
I forgot just how hilly this golf course is. It's basically carved into the side of a mountain. Good track though." A great comment for those of us who watch golf on TV, because the camera always flattens out the undulation.

Whether you think Twitter is worthwhile or a waste of time, in the case of these two Tour pros, it provides unfiltered and easy access to their inner thoughts (Golf Pros! They're just like US!) and, if you're lucky, you might even be able to interact with them in an "inside the ropes" kind of way. (If they decide to follow you.)

We're not sure if Twitter is a trend or whether it's here to stay, but for the time being we've joined the club. You can follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/golftipsmag. I can't promise we'll talk about our breakfast or our iPods--we're strickly golf here--but if you want to know a little more about our production schedule, upcoming photo shoots, newly posted videos and anything else Golf Tips related become our follower.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

stewart cink rulez

Golf Club Ratings said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Golfing News said...

I found your "tweet with the pros" on your golf tips widgetbox. Great tips. I can follow from there.

John said...

Great tips

Tucson Foreclosures said...

Thanks a bunch for sharing such an informative post with us. Keep blogging.

Las Vegas Foreclosures said...

This topic is interesting. Tweeting is also my favorite hobby when i'm in front of my computer

Las Vegas Foreclosures