top advertisement


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Watch Ernie and Luke to Master Rhythm

Last Friday, I played nine holes after work. It was the first time I've played since mid-December, so I expected to play like, well, crap.

But I didn't.

To my surprise I played very well. Strike that. Absurdly well. In fact it was one of the best ballstriking days I've ever had.

This shouldn't be the case after a long layoff. If anything, rhythm should be the hardest thing to get back.

So, why was I swinging as easy as, well, The Big Easy? Because I spent most of Friday afternoon watching the Ernie Els-Luke Donald match at the Accenture. They have two of the smoothest swings on Tour. The more I watched, the more I picked up both men's rhythm.

Simple as that.

Most of us are visual learners. We remember what we see more than what we read or hear. And watching those two hit the ball in balance, with great rhythm carried over when I played. The game never seemed easier.

With that in mind here are two real time swings from Els and Donald. Watch them, absorb their swings, picture yourself being them the next time you play.

Let us know if it works for you.



No comments: